Animal Care Specialist
We Care Animal Rescue is looking for compassionate animal lovers for our full time Animal Care Specialists. The Animal Care Specialists are key members of the shelter since they ensure our animals are healthy by providing needed medications. The Animal Care Specialist is responsible for providing high quality, humane animal care to resident cats.
Responsibilities include administering medications, record-keeping, assisting with feeding and cleaning. Also, Specialists may assist with providing information and tours to the general public. This is an ideal, hands-on position to enhance your animal shelter experience at a small, no-kill shelter. The hourly wage for this position is $18/hr. Applicants are eligible for benefits if they work a minimum of over 30 hours in a week.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 6 months’ experience working with animals, either personally or professionally.
- Consistently demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, neatness and dependability to produce work within acceptable standards.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a busy environment and the ability to adjust to changing deadlines and priorities.
- Capable of working independently and as a member of a team.
- Willingness to work flexible days and hours, including evening shifts, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to fulfill a one-year commitment as an Animal Care Specialist.
Please email your resume to email@example.com with “Animal Care Specialist” in the subject line.