Animal Shelter Assistant
We Care Animal Rescue is looking for compassionate animal lovers to work as Animal Shelter Assistants. This is an entry-level position at a small, non-profit, no-kill animal shelter that specializes in cats. This is an excellent job for someone interested in an animal care or animal shelter career.
We Care Animal Rescue is a private non-profit organization established in 1982. Our shelter serves as a refuge for homeless cats in the Napa Valley. We foster and promote the general welfare of the animals by caring for them, finding them homes, tending to their medical needs, and educating the public on animal welfare. The comfort and well-being of our animals is our top priority.
Compensation and Benefits
Hourly wage is $15/hour. Employees are eligible for benefits if they work a minimum 30 hours a week.
You must be able to reliably work a standard schedule, Tuesday through Saturday.
- Ensures the cleanliness of the interior and exterior animal enclosures; disinfects floors, litter boxes, furniture, and toys; completes special deep-cleaning projects
- Collects, cleans, and stores soiled cat beds and linens
- Carries, sorts and stocks food and other supplies
- Assists the veterinary technician when needed
- Keeps the office and visitor areas clean and presentable
- Assists with landscaping, maintains records, and other assorted projects
- Interacts with the cats and contributes to their behavior enrichment program
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old
- Have a high school diploma, college degree preferred
- Have received complete COVID-19 vaccinations
- Have a positive attitude, a high energy level and be able to work cooperatively on a team
- Understand that there is a possibility of receiving scratches and bites as well as exposure to zoonotic diseases like ringworm
- Must have good observational skills and the ability to learn about animal behavior
- Must be comfortable working with various chemicals, cleaning solutions and disinfecting products
- Possess a valid drivers’ license
- Able to pull and/or push items weighing up to 20 pounds and occasionally up to 40 pounds
Please email your resume to WeCareJobs@wecareanimalrescue.org with “Animal Shelter Assistant” in the subject line. Please do not call the shelter directly.